Photos and updates of the work we have put in to developing our Victorian home

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

More house related gubbins

I went to Leeds this weekend with my boyfriend to see my sister, but also to view the house i am planning to buy, again. The great news is that my boyfriend likes the property too and can see the great potential in it. There is so much to do but we spoke to the estate agent and know a little more about the other properties in the area now. One opposite has had a loft development and a couple of en suites put in and as a result has increased value to 150,000 (and upto 165,000 in some cases).
Hopefully our plan to get alot of the work done before moving in will work, enabling us to earn what we do for a little longer before jumping in at the deep end.
It's a big change we are facing - buying a house in a city away from where we live currently, finding new jobs and moving in together as a couple. I am certain it is the right thing to do and am a great believer in fate and coincidence, and there have been many on the way, never-the-less i do appreciate the enormity of changes we are about to make.
It's exciting as i feel bored and trapped in my current situation as i can not afford to buy more than a room where i currently live. For at least three years now i have been watching the housing market and felt frustrated by the fact that i haven't been able to afford to continue living where i do now. I am lucky however to have friends and family in other parts of the country and my sister, as i have mentioned before, lives in Leeds. Fortunately I lived in Leeds for a year in the mid-ninetees with her, so i already know some of the area and feel prepared for what is to come. I just hope that my boyfriend will feel as comfortable as i am sure i will there, at least for the time being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home