Photos and updates of the work we have put in to developing our Victorian home

Thursday, February 03, 2005

'The Big I Am'

Not feeling great today. I am suffering from the-day-after-the-night-before alcohol depression :( I didn't drink that much either.
Bugger. Work will be a struggle today.

I went out last night to watch some friends play in Croydon. The bands in question were 'The Big I Am' and 'Flight 16'.
'The Big I Am' haven't been together long but they are a kind of local 'supergroup'. A bit like Croydon's answer to Audio slave. All band members had been gigging for years with their various individual outfits. Sometime last year, they all drifted together and now are producing some of the most exciting sounds i have heard come out of Scream Studios in a while.
Vocally they have a lead vocalist and two backing singers, both of who are up front on the mikes with Paul the lead singer. They sound punchy and have the attack of a prize fighter. I reckon they will do well. Island records came to see them and apparently they likey :)

Only bad thing about the night was jumping around back at my place after the gig, i think i may have twisted/fractures/pulled my big toe :(
Booo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home