Photos and updates of the work we have put in to developing our Victorian home

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Please God no...

I have just had a call from my solicitor - the vendor of the house i am buying is threatening to pull out of the sale because of the length of time it is taking for it to go through. As far as i am concerned i have been doing everything transparently, updating the estate agents on my every move and as far as i am aware, making sure that everything is at hand.
After agreeing the sale, my solicitor was on the job instantly, beginning with searches despite the bank holiday falling that week. I have been calling them everday, seeing if there is anything i can do to help, and calling the estate agents if ever there has been anything to communicate to the vendor. (I do not have the vendor's phone number). I have been instrumental in getting both solicitors to work more effectively together as the drafting of a form has become apparent and the responsibility of it ambiguous.
Because the current owner bought the land in order to slice some of the land off the back in order to build a studio, she has had to register it and split it using TP1 forms. This has encurred extra work at a time when time is of essence.

It's time to cross fingers everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home