Photos and updates of the work we have put in to developing our Victorian home

Monday, January 24, 2005

Houses again!

I am currently waiting to hear whether the house i have made an offer on is mine. It's a large Victorian house in Leeds that needs a fair bit of work doing to it. My twin sister lives in Leeds, so we plan to move back in together, the first time in 17 years. I can't wait :) What makes the situation even better is that my boyfriend wants to come too. So all being well, we will all be in Leeds by the end of the summer.
As i said, the house needs some work doing to it before we can move in. The whole place is pristine, in the sense that it hasn't ever had much done to it so is almost totally original. As a result, i will have to get the whole thing rewired and central heating put in. Other jobs include taking out the floor joists from the galley kitchen and replacing them as they are rotten and then fitting a new kitchen. The good news is that the roof report came back with only £400 worth of damage. Result.
Fortunately, i have been saving for some time now to be able to afford to do this as has my sister, so we have the cash to perform most of the repairs as soon as we can get a builder in. Never-the-less, i find myself switching between feeling completely mad to even consider such a project and totally blown-away excited.
It is a big move that i am contemplating as i currently live and work in Croydon. Not only does this move involve buying and repairing this house but i will also need to find another job and coordinate all of that into my plans. I am fortunate in having alot of friends who are willing to help me out. Some who have said that i am welcome to stay with them rent free to help me save a bit of extra cash to provide a buffer to job hunt with.
The things worth having in life are those things that require some effort. The cliche 'Feel the fear and do it anyway' comes to mind.
Bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home