Photos and updates of the work we have put in to developing our Victorian home

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Radio shows

I listen to XFM every day.
I particularly enjoy the breakfast show with Christian O'Connell and Chris Smith. The amount of effort that they put into their shows as well as the obvious enjoyment they get from doing them never fails to impress me. From their 'Rock School' gigs to rewriting of theme tunes of popular television shows and their sexline rodeo feature, they always make me laugh.
Just recently however, i was slated for listening to OC and told that 'Wogan is best'. Being broadminded, i decided last week to tune into a few of his breakfast shows to see what the fuss is about. What a HUGE disappointment it was. I am a lover of music and prefer listening to a station that offers 'new' music rather than regurgitating the same old stuff that i didn't like when it was first released.
With XFM i get to listen to the likes of Queens Of The Stone Age, Kaiser Chiefs and Athlete. Wogan's offering this morning was The Lighthouse Family. No contest in my book.
Maybe i just need some rock in the mornings to get me in the mood for the day.

I also love Lauren Laverne who does the drive time show in the evenings. Utmost respect to her for being not only very funny and very beautiful but also for possessing a large music knowledge.

On her playlist this week has been: Roots Manuva - 'Colossal Insight'.
What a tune that is! It has to be my single of the week. I love the way he writes and approaches his lyrics, allowing his truly unique British sound to come out.
Excellent stuff.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah!
i hate that song so damned much!
OOOOOOOHHH!
*urge to kill rising*

-goosewing-

2:28 am

 
Blogger Fake1D said...

*hopes urges are in Rodney's direction and not my own*

10:51 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha
hmm, not really urgin in any direction, but definately not at you!

-goosewing-

10:54 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suspect Lauren doesn't choose her own playlists, they are done for her.

7:29 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home