Photos and updates of the work we have put in to developing our Victorian home

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Yesterday i was in Leeds because i had to sign all my house documents, pay my deposit and solicitor fees ready to complete this Friday (before the end of the month, thus not putting ourselves in the position whereby the vendor starts asking for extra costs).

In order to do this i left work (in Kent) on Tuesday evening, got home, packed my bags and then drove up to Leeds that night. Unfortunately, i had to stay late at work helping someone with there laptop so i wasn't able to get on the motorway until 9pm. I got to Leeds at 3am on Wednesday morning.
After meeting with my solicitor during the day and signing my documents, i drove back from Leeds and got back at half past midnight. Despite this, i was in work on time today.

My point in explaining this is to illustrate how i have been going out of my way to get everything done for the end of this month, so that the vendor could not threaten us with extra incurred costs.

However, despite all my and my solicitors efforts, it would appear that today the vendor has opposed the rights that have been stipulated on the TP1 form.
This form has already been approved by her solicitors.
The rights in question are those pertaining to the land she is retaining. The form has been drafted to allow the land to remain unfettered apart from allowing us rights to access her land in the case of any services needing repair (water / elec / gas). However, the vendor has said that none of our utilities run through her land and thus, no such land rights need to exist.

Obviously this is a big deal. If we do have electricity cables or water pipes running through her land, then with the changes in the TP1 form she is proposing, we will not be able to acess them in the event of maintenance. I need to obtain cabling and digging records to ascertain where exactly these cables and pipes are. I would have thought that as the vendor is certain that we will not need to access her land for these purposes then she would have evidenxce to prove it. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case.

So, i have had to ask my solicitor to request that she grant us extra time to go and make these enquiries ourselves. Without hard proof that we will not require access, there is no way that we can proceed.

I can't believe that after all the fuss she has made about completing before the end of the month, that she is now delaying things on the eve of completion. If she is so certain that she knows where the pipes are, then why can't she agree to the TP1 form as it currently stands, knowing that we will never need to access her land anyway?

I have decided the woman is mad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erm....this is all sounding like Really Bad News to me - she is evidently a toxic harlot who enjoys making your life difficult :S Doesn't bode too well for any future dealings with her either :(
Boy, I know you've invested a lot, but I'd still be tempted to walk...you're a braver soul than I!
J

9:12 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home